You must choose the option “High Accuracy” because the other two options will limit the manner in which your GPS checks the location. Your phone’s case can cause an obstruction to the GPS. It may end up showing the wrong location or it may not work at all if the case is causing a problem, so try removing the case of your phone and check if the GPS works fine.
Privacy has been a particular issue in Germany, where many people objected to the roll-out of Street View. Google now has Street View images only for big cities in Germany, like Berlin and Frankfurt, and appears to have given up on the rest of the country completely. Zoom out over Europe in Street View mode and Germany is mostly a blank island in a sea of blue. In some cases, those blurring requests may have caused some of gaps in Street View. If you approach the edge of gap on a residential street, you can often zoom in and see a house in the missing section that’s been blurred out.
Thoughts On when Google Gets Your Location Wrong!
With over 5 billion downloads on the Google Play Store and over 2.9 Million ratings on the App Store, Google Maps is, if not one of the most popular apps for navigation. One of the reasons behind its popularity is the monopoly that Google has established and the lack of competition. On the other hand, the main Maps app has more than 15 options under Settings.
Of course if you find the app intrusive with the tracking then you can turn this off, but still use the product. , which gives you voucher credits for searching the web, trying out new features,and following up on selected special offers. of US web surfers use Google as their primary search engine.
Download Maps & Navigation Routes For Offline Use In Apple Maps
When the location page opens, either hit the trash can icon in the top right that appears or tap “Edit,” then select “Remove this stop from your day?” Finally, tap “Remove” on the confirmation prompt. Before you can view your location history, you’ll need to make sure the refer to this article feature is enabled on your device. If it wasn’t previously enabled, you won’t have any location history data yet, but it will accumulate going forward.
- However, with the announcement of iOS 6 in June 2012, Apple announced that they had created their own Apple Maps mapping service, which officially replaced Google Maps when iOS 6 was released on September 19, 2012.
- Because we were the first to bring offline maps to Android, we’ve been finding ways to make it better than ever.
- Indeed, Google relies on advertising for almost the entirety of its nearly $60bn annual income.
- Google ends that program since they prefer to spy on you more instead of catering to people’s updated locations.
- If you are into travel blogging you might find this information quite helpful for your articles.